Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter


I had a relaxing Weekend, spent some time with my family and made some Mother's day cards (May 10th in Australia). I was inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast stampers to make a pocket card. Here's my flowerpot. The flowers are on the top of a tag which pulls out for me to write a message on to my gorgeous Mum.
Do you recognise the flowers? They were samples that I made for my "Trend studio" class on handmade flawers in March. My LSS owner loved this card when she saw it and asked me When can I teach it at her shop? I said I'd do a similar design with different flowers...So guess what?- My June classes will be shaped cards. The flowerpot, a baby romper and a cupcake shaped card. Not so much about techniques, more about construction, but it's good to mix it up each month to cater to all the different ladies who seem to have become regulars to my classes.

1 comment :

Karen said...

Those flowers are Gorgeous!!! I love the lace and butterflies too! I'm so glad to hear that your classes are becoming such a success that you have regulars now! If you weren't accross an ocean, I would come take a class too! :>